CW: Suicidal ideation, sexual abuse, alcohol abuse, domestic violence
Charlene joins The Now What Pod to talk about the impact that the sexual abuse she experienced as a child had on her. As a teen and adult, Charlene struggled with alcohol abuse, mental illness, and suicidal ideology. The one day, just 2 days before she planned to take her own life, everything changed. She flipped the script and was able to begin the healing process, and find her purpose.
- The sexual abuse: Charlene talks about how she came to be living with her grandparents, and how the abuse at the hands of her grandfather began.
- Alcohol abuse: Charlene talks about leaning on alcohol as a coping mechanism
- Writing as an outlet
- Suicidal ideation, attepting suicide
- Domestic violence: Charlene entered into unhealthy relationships while seeking validation
- Trying to outrun her problems by moving far away
- Creating Happiness for herself
- Insecurities as a woman and mother
- Handling setbacks
- Gratitude, Morning Routines, Starting your day in a clear balance
- Supporting others: How can we hold space for others, allowing them to feel their feelings without trying to fix it.
The 5AM Club
Miracle Morning: https://www.amazon.ca/Miracle-Morning-Not-So-Obvious-Guaranteed-Transform/dp/0979019710/ref=asc_df_0979019710/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292938044607&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12146600924608737235&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1002468&hvtargid=pla-345853580821&psc=1
About Charlene Madden:
Charlene Madden has admittedly spent most of her life living in a state of darkness. After experiencing over 9 years of sexualized trauma at the hands of her grandfather, a decade of domestic violence, and 3+ decades of mental illness and suicidal ideology, she was just 2 days away from taking her life when she attended a women's workshop where everything changed. She was able to take off her blinders, begin the healing process, and find her Purpose by turning her Mess into a Message of Hope, Evolution, and Transformation that she now shares with people all over the world. Charlene is a Mother of 3 amazing children, a wife, daughter, Reiki Practitioner, Women's Empowerment Coach.
Connect with Charlene:
Support The Now What Pod’s drive to upgrade our audio equipment
Patreon - and access special episodes and content
Subscribe to our Newsletter & never miss an episode
Want to be a guest on The Now What Pod?
You can reach us at
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.